30 Day Coloring Challenge

challenge_graphic_june_18_16x24-revised

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted – sorry for that. Tax season was very busy this year and then I hosted a card party for friends to show them techniques, then I attended a 2 day crop at my local craft store (Scrapbook Island Creative Escape in Los Gatos, CA)… Although I’ve been making cards since, I haven’t had the energy to work on my blog. I need to do a better job and am hoping to post once a week from now on. We’ll see if that works out!

Today I wanted to share another coloring challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin (you can see details on her blog at thedailymarker.com). This is her 10th challenge and all it is meant to be is to challenge yourself to color 10 minutes a day for 30 days. This helps with coloring skills, relaxation, and creativity. When I did the last coloring challenge, I colored a lot and most of those images still sit waiting to be made into cards. So my challenge to myself this time around is to not only color, but complete cards with everything that I do color. (Side note – Kathy also does a coloring road trip and I am very excited to get the opportunity to meet her and some other wonderful crafters @ the Hero Arts facility later this month!!!)

For the first day, I finished a card that I started a while ago. I have fallen in love with cross stitching again (I remember doing it a lot as a child), and wanted to incorporate that into some of my cards. Here is my finished card:

I stamped Concord & 9th’s Wonderful Florals stamp onto thick watercolor paper with versafine ink using my tonic studios stamp platform. I had to stamp multiple times to get a crisp result. I then paper pierced the letters (made small holes in each letter so that I could cross stitch). I stitched the letters in reverse rainbow colors (it can be challenging to stitch shapes so I just stitched each one until I felt the white underneath was covered – which is why it is a good idea to use a very sturdy paper). I then watercolored the images and an outline using zig clean color real brush pens and a water pen. Finally, I covered the black areas with a clear zig wink of stella brush pen, which gave it a beautiful sparkle (that is tough to photograph). The panel was then adhered to a card base using foam tape.

Thanks for reading. I’ll be back again soon!

❤️,

Angela

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s